|Business Systems Analysis||Researches current technology and its function within the enterprise and applies specialized technical knowledge to improve business processes through technology application. Performs objective analysis and re-engineering of business processes to maximize quality service and cost-effectiveness. Acts as a member of various cross-functional teams and works towards solutions to human resource processes in a systematic, logical manner. Creates software wire frames and ER diagrams for developers.|
|Project Management||Serves as de facto project manager for the licensing and customization of an employee relations database application following the initial adoption. Acts as intermediary between the enterprise and the vendor and organizes user testing for new releases.|
|SDLC||Experienced on all stages of the Software Development Life Cycle as part of a team and as an individual developer.|
|Agile Development||Works in an agile environment and participate in daily stand-up meetings (daily scrums), regular sprint meetings, regular sprint reviews, and bi-weekly application demonstrations.|
|Technical Writing||Writes and maintains technical and business documentation (including Banner training manuals); Adapts instructor led training manuals to online training content.|
|Quality Assurance||Performed manual system testing for more than a year. Conducted quality assurance manual evaluation and testing of ColdFusion web applications and data systems on both Mac and Intel operating systems, and attended regular staff meetings at the Kentucky Department of Education. Performed system and acceptance testing and reported bugs in Bugzilla at the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.|
|System Administration||Assigns, maintains, and deletes database profiles in two enterprise database applications; Writes database reports and provides data analysis.|
|Server Administration||Administers IIS and ColdFusion servers locally, installs local sandboxes, moves tools between applications, web servers, and versions of ColdFusion. Copies SQL Server databases between servers.|
|Coldfusion / CFML||Writes and deploys new ColdFusion (CFML) interactive web application and CFCs on various intranets and the Internet. Maintains, debugs, and enhances large legacy ColdFusion applications and CFCs. Writes clean code and refactors legacy code: Comments, indents, and documents code for better maintenance. Develops web pages and applications on distributed web server environments with local sandboxes, development servers, testing servers, and production servers (DTAP.) Manages code through SmartSVN 7.5, Visual SourceSafe, and TortoiseSVN.|
|RDBMS / SQL||Writes and maintains database queries for SQL Server, Oracle 10g, and MySQL backend databases. Maintains and updates database through MS Access, SQL Server 2008 IDE, Toad, and MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE.|
|Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)||Performs precise CSS page layout to spec ("pixel pushing.") Writes layout without tables. Converts valid XHTML web pages to PDFs through Flying Saucer for publication.|
|Web CMS||Maintains Internet and intranet web pages through Web Content Management System products including Plone, Drupal, Sharepoint, and Sitefinity.|
|Instructional||Teaches classes monthly on Banner Timekeeper functions (e.g. Earn codes, time entry, forms, and reports.) Presents at professional conferences (alone and with a colaborator.)|
|Technical Support||Troubleshoots hardware/software problems, supports MS Office programs and MS Windows OS, investigates reported problems, and provides technical advice. Serves as Tier 1 support for AIM. (The vendor being Tier 2.) Is CompTIA A+ certified.|
|DoD||Has experience as a contractor for the USAF on three different contracts and an understanding of DoD security policies and security best practices such as OPSEC, Information Protection, Information Assurance, and Force Protection.|
|Accessibility||Co-authored QA Accessibility Guidelines adopted by the Kentucky Commonwealth Office of Technology. Co-presented a session on Digital Accessibility at Texas Association of Municipal Information Officers 2017. Presented a total of three sessions on Accessibility at the Adobe ColdFusion Summit in 2017 and 2018. Particpated in the Accessibility Internet Rally (AIR) 2019 powered by Knowbility (See Recognition and Awards.) Volunteered as a designated mentor to a team of developers competing in AIR 2020.|
|Misc||Demonstrates continually expanding web development experience on an on-line portfolio.|
- Developed the CFML for web-based Developmental Education Program Survey (DEPS) for the P-16 Initiatives division within the six weeks required by a State legislative mandate. Interpreted existing requirements documentation and survey content and translated them into a working design and application utilizing ColdFusion 8 and SQL Server 2008. Communicated effectively with both customer/user and ITS staff and operated under the general guidance of designated Project Lead. Met all business requirements on schedule. The resulting CFML is well documented, well commented, properly indented, free from hard coding, and optimized for maintenance.
- At the Kentucky Department of Education: Eliminated my own position of Service Desk Analyst (for web applications) by fully documenting all aspects of Web Applications support in SOP documentation on the knowledge base intranet web site and by eliminating the need to personally redirect help desk traffic by leading the development of an on-line application to direct users to correct destination.
- At the Kentucky Department of Education: Co-authored (with another Quality Assurance Tester) the QA Accessibility Guidelines adopted by the Commonwealth Office of Technology.
- DoD: Worked on three contracts for the USAF as a civilian contractor in classified and unclassified environments within the last ten years. Supported the operational mission of Basic Military Training for the entire USAF at Lackland AFB and Supported USAFSAM (PHR and OEHH) at Brooks City Base.
- Lackland AFB: ported the "Operations Homecooking" MS Access application into a ColdFusion / SQL Server web application that was faster, easier, more intuitive, more efficient, and well documented. On Thanksgiving Day volunteers were able to assign trainees to host families in record time.
- For USAFSAM/PHR at Brooks City-Base, I developed a ColdFusion web application with a SQL Server database that would upload a pipe-delimitated text file and parse the data into a database for distributed emailings.
- At the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality: Collaborated with two other ColdFusion vendors on developing best practice guidelines and code library ("cook book") documentation for a software vendor.
|SKILL LEVEL or AREA||SKILLS|
|Core Competencies:||Business Systems Analysis (2 years), HTML / XHTML (25 years), Microsoft SQL Server 2000-2008 (11 years), CSS (13 years), and Oracle (11 months)|
|Ancillary Skills:||ColdFusion / CFML v5-8 (2000-2004 and 2006-2014), SQL (11 years), MySQL (3 months), XML (11 months), Paint Shop Pro 7 (16 years), Fusebox 3-5.5 (2 years, 11 months), Dreamweaver (4 years, 9 months), ColdFusion Builder (4 months), Adobe Acrobat (4 years), MS Access (2 years), Usability (5 years), Accessibility (1 year), Quality Assurance (2-3 years), and Remedy (3 years)|
|Academic Proficiencies:||Java, Networking, Red Hat Linux, PHP, Apache, Use Cases, Requirements Management, and Adobe Photoshop|
|Operating Systems:||DOS (7 years), Windows 3 - 7 (21 years), and Apple/MacIntosh (3 years)|
- 06/2014 - Present | IT BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST SR | Austin, TX
- 10/2013 - 12/2013 | SENIOR COLDFUSION DEVELOPER | Phoenix, AZ
- 12/2012 - 08/2013 | COLDFUSION DEVELOPER | Austin, TX
- 12/2011 - 05/2012 | COLDFUSION DEVELOPER / PROGRAMMER | San Antonio, TX
- 11/2011 - 12/2011 | IT BUSINESS ANALYST | San Antonio, TX
- 06/2011 - 08/2011 | COLDFUSION DEVELOPER | Austin, TX
- 03/2011 - 04/2011 | DEVELOPER ANALYST (ITSAC Developer Analyst 2 Category, Core Technology Type) | Austin, TX
- 10/2010 - 02/2011 | CONSULTANT SOFTWARE DEVELOPER | San Antonio, TX
- 02/2010 - 09/2010 | COMPUTER SYSTEMS ANALYST | San Antonio, TX
- 01/2009 - 02/2010 | COMPUTER PROGRAMER | San Antonio, TX
RECOGNITION and AWARDS:
University of Texas, Austin Texas. Bachelor of Fine Arts Candidate.
BACHELOR of ARTS in FINE ARTS, GPA: 3.3
- Migrating Legacy Applications into an MVC Framework - Preconference Workshop for the Adobe ColdFusion Summit 2017 - 11/15/2017
- Tech Writing - Austin Community College - Spring 2017
- Security - Preconference Workshop for the Adobe ColdFusion Summit 2016 - 10/09/2016
- Box Training Bootcamp (CommandBox, ColdBox, TestBox) - Ortus Solutions - 03/28/2016 - 04/01/2016
- Records Control Training - total of 15.5 hours in 2015
- Project Management - Alliance Work Partners - September 11, 2015
- Business Analyst Bootcamp - ASPE - February 9-12, 2015
- Advanced Drupal Training
- Drupal Web Content Training - 2014
- Computer Programming Classes - San Antonio College - 36 credit hours - Spring 1997 to Spring 2011
- Database Design - Lexington Community College - Fall 2004
- Introduction to Java Programming - TechNow - January 27 - 31, 2003
- Introduction to Use Cases - Project Management Leadership Group - October 11-12, 2001
- Requirements Management - Project Management Leadership Group - October 10, 2001
- Web Sites that Work: Designing with Your Eyes Open - User Interface Engineering - August 20-21, 2001
- FastTrack to SQL - RemoteSite Technologies - June 14-15, 2001
- Advanced ColdFusion - Barker Pacific Group - September 27 - 29, 2001
- User Experience World Tour 2000-2001: Main Event - Nielsen Norman Group - January 8, 2001
- Beginning ColdFusion - Barker Pacific Group - Summer 2000
- The Shell and Editing (Unix) Fortune 500 global telecommunications company March 17-19, 1999
- Unix Orientation - Fortune 500 global telecommunications company March 16, 1999
- Manager Camp - Fortune 500 global telecommunications company - May 3 - 7, 1999
- Ondich, David and Bouton Jones. A11y: Making Documents and PDFs Accessible to All Employees and Citizens. E-Records Conference 2020. Online. 11/18-19/2020.
- Jones, Bouton. Making your Web Applications Accessible with HTML5, CSS, and WAI-ARIA. Adobe ColdFusion Summit 2018. Las Vegas, NV. 10/03/2018
- Jones, Bouton. Creating Accessible PDFs with MS Office, Acrobat, and ColdFusion. Adobe ColdFusion Summit 2018. Las Vegas, NV. 10/02/2018
- Jones, Bouton. Practical Digital Accessibility: Problems and Solutions. Adobe ColdFusion Summit 2017. Las Vegas, NV. 11/17/2017
- Ondich, David and Bouton Jones. Digital Accessibility for All Citizens. Texas Association of Municipal Information Officers 2017. Lakeway, TX. 05/7-9/2017.
- e-Records 2020 - Online - 11/18-19/2019
- HR Technology Conference and Exposition - Online - 10/27-30/2020
- John Slatin Virtual AccessU 2020 - Online - 05/12-14/2020 and 05/19-20/2020
- e-Records 2019 - Austin, TX - 11/15/2019
- e-Records 2018 - Austin, TX - 11/16/2018
- Adobe Learning Summit 2018 - Las Vegas, NV - 10/04/2018
- Adobe ColdFusion Summit 2018 - Las Vegas, NV - 10/02-03/2018
- Texas Digital Government Summit 2018 - Austin, TX - 05/30-31/2018
- 2018 HR Professionals Conference - Austin, TX - 05/02-03/2018
- Open Government Symposium 2018 - Austin, TX - 03/21/2018
- Adobe ColdFusion Summit 2017 - Las Vegas, NV - 11/15-17/2017
- Texas Association of Municipal Information Officers 2017 - Lakeway, TX - 05/07-09/2017
- Adobe ColdFusion Summit 2016 - Las Vegas, NV - 10/5-7/2016
- InnoTech San Antonio 2016 - San Antonio, TX - 05/11/2016
- Adobe ColdFusion Summit 2015 - Las Vegas, NV - 11/9-10/2015.
- CompTIA A+ certification - August 3, 2010
- Texas Paraprofessional Certificate: Educational Secretary I
- SXSW 2019 Tech Setup and RFID (48+ hours)
- SXSW 2018 Tech Setup and RFID (48+ hours)
- Austin New Central Library Grand Opening October 28, 2017 (Door Monitor & Wayfinding Guide)
- SXSW 2017 Tech Setup (48+ hours)
- Employer's Award and Recognition Committee 2014-2016
- Participant in the Austin Police Department Citizen Police Academy 81st session - Fall 2014
- Employer's Holiday Party Planning Comittee - Fall 2010
- Phone Bank Volunteer for Operation Home Cooking at Lackland Air Force Base - November 2007
- Judge for the 19th annual Kentucky Technology Student Association (KY TSA) state conference's competitive events - March 31, 2006
- Volunteer at Top Drawer Thrift Store (Project Transitions)
- Company Secretary for Vortex Repertory Company
Work samples are available on an on-line portfolio.